It’s pretty easy to get into the habit of eating the same foods everyday, every week, for every meal.
Almost like you have a list of foods going on rotation. It can be easy to do this and it can also get super boring.
Sometimes we need ideas to switch things up…below are some sample suggestions for different breakfasts.
- Eggs and veggies (roasted, steamed, grilled, sautéed) (2-3 eggs)
- Chia seed pudding w/ nuts (1 cup pudding use almond or coconut milk)
- 1-2 cups fruit: (banana, pomegranate, berries, watermelon, apples, pears, peach, grapefruit, just to name a few. Any fruit is acceptable.)
- Chocolate avocado pudding
- Quinoa with almond or coconut milk. Can add nuts, seeds and cinnamon. (1 cup)
- Cold Pressed, Raw Organic Juice. I love the juices from these guys (www.myorganicjuice.com)
- Fruit Smoothie: Choose a liquid: coconut, almond, hemp or another non-dairy milk (not soy)
- Morning Drink: Choose a liquid from this list : Spring water with lemon, Unsweetened Cranberry juice, hibiscus juice (not from concentrate) Aloe Vera juice (helps to fight ulcers), Raw apple juice, Prune juice, Herbal tea infusions (nettles, dandelion, red raspberry leaf, etc). I get all my herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs
Your total liquid should be between 1-2 cups depending on how hungry/thirsty you are.
These are suggestions and will not satisfy or nourish everyone equally.
Remember one persons food is another persons poison. So, trial and error is the way to go. You are on a self-discovery journey. Listen to your body and only consume what your body genuinely requires.
I absolutely love these websites for recipe ideas:
Peace, Love and all the Jazz!
To your HeWeLoHa,
NATALIE, The Modern Hippie Mama